PDA

View Full Version : phpbb & proxy question...

Unregistered
03-22-2005, 05:53 PM
hey there. I have a quick question. If I go through an anonymous proxy server and double check it, is there any way an admin of that forum can get my IP?

SyntaXmasteR
03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Its kind of like the game when you hit someone and say pass it down. Will the last person in line know who sent the first hit? If it was only 2 people in the game, maybe so. If you have *0 people in the game it will be a little harder.

Unregistered
03-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Okay so...

my original IP has been banned from the forum (I'm not trying to start trouble over there, just wanting to know the everday stuff with my old pals, the closet-admin-haters)

I can get on the site no problem but you have to communicate through email to become a member. So...will the email show that I'm going through a proxy???

and do you know of any reliable anonymous proxy list websites?

SyntaXmasteR
03-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Heres the proxy i use: *68.*2.*06.25*
I have been banned from posting stuff on some of my compeditor sites but using a proxy will always allow access.

Proxy servers go down a lot so here is a full list:
http://www.proxy4free.com/page*.html

Unregistered
03-25-2005, 12:53 AM
cool, thanks! That's the same place I go through. so I'm assuming you use port 80????

Unregistered
03-28-2005, 03:46 AM
So can even the best retail or downloadable program figure out your real IP if going thru a proxy???

Thanks!

Unregistered
04-10-2005, 12:25 AM
So can even the best retail or downloadable program figure out your real IP if going thru a proxy???

Thanks!

test test test test test test test test test test test