PDA

View Full Version : Syntax******

Whitecrow
04-06-2005, 01:22 PM
"You should try downloading psshutdown.exe for Win2k - Incorporate the commands into a batch script and Enjoy!"

Well Ive tried to DL psshutdown.exe SOoooooo many times! Heres the problem though.. Everytime i try and dl it once i open it up, it asks me to choose a program to open it up with. If i open it up with like Notepad it looks all wierd..

Any ideas??

Whitecrow
04-06-2005, 02:32 PM
ok i figured out the problem where it was asking me to choose a program to open it up with. What i did was save the file in a folder in the c drive, then when i went to that folder the psshutdown.exe was there. When i click it, it opens up dos for like half a sec then closes it.. what should I do?

Whitecrow
04-06-2005, 02:46 PM
i saw that you posted to stick the psshutdown.exe in %windir%\system*2 but i cant find that folder.

SyntaXmasteR
04-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Open any folder and then place this in the adress bar: %windir%\system*2

The admin probably has the system directories hidden

Whitecrow
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
hey im having that problem again.. its asking me to choose a program to open it up with.. when i save the psshutdown to a file in the c-drive its not turning into a .exe =( it was earlier today but its not now.. im dling it from

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=2*02*&fileidx=*

Whitecrow
04-06-2005, 04:08 PM
and oh yea when i type %windir%\system*2 the bar it says this file has been dissallowed...

SyntaXmasteR
04-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Ok your system admin has the computers on complete locked down. Email me and ill get you around that...

Whitecrow
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
k i e-mailed you, i wont beable to respond to ur e-mail till like 5 central time