PDA

View Full Version : D-link Wireless router

carlo
01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Hello

You may allready know me from this forum. I usualy am the helper. This time im the person who needs help. I have a D-Link DI-624 wireless router. I followed the instructionas and everything and it was working fine and connecting to the internet and everything but after a couple of weeks it no longer let me connect o the internet with it. Any help would be great.

Thank you

carlo

SyntaXmasteR
01-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Carlo

Need more INFO!! Are you having wireless connection problems? Can you get a hard connection from the router? Can you get a connection when directly connected to the modem?

Try this for now (if hard connected to router):

*. Poweroff your modem
2. Poweroff the router
*. Poweron your modem
4. Poweron your router.
5. Check your modem to make sure the PC light is lit
6. Power off the modem
7. Power on the modem
8. Restart your puter

Let me know a little more about your problem ~

carlo
01-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Well the signal is perfect but I get a message saying "limted or no connectivity". I can't even access the configuration anymore on "**2.*68.0.*".

SyntaXmasteR
01-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Carlo

It can be many things! Hardwire yourself back into the router w/ some cat5 and reset it. After you reset it make sure the allow wireless configuration is checked off (if this option is available), then make sure you only allow the certain amount of connections to use your wireless.

If its the configration of your computer you will know after you reset the router. If its reset and you still have the problem view the properties of your connection. Then make sure the TCP/IP settings on your puter match your TCP/IP router configuration.

You can also open your web browser and look at the connection properties. Select Automatically detect settings. Try a few of these out and let me know how things go.

carlo
01-19-2006, 02:53 PM
ive just tried them and none of them worked.

01-19-2006, 05:54 PM
erm not an expert but an idea:

when you press the reset button on the wireless router it resets your configuration i.e. it resets the password so ring up the manufacturer n theyl talk you through it but id guess its ur password. Am also guessing you tried right-clicking and selecting repair if there is that option

:D

Virusboy
01-20-2006, 02:23 AM
there's a router configuration websitefor every router, usually it's http://**2.*68.*.* . Sometimes when I reset my modem or their's a reset in the ISP, I gotta go to my router website and click a "Connect" button. For my it usually doesn't work straight away, but I just keep clicking and it always works in a few seconds. You should try going to http://**2.*68.*.* too or read your router manual for a similar thing.

Note: **2.*68.*.* is the ip address of the router accessed by the computer connected. I always get people saying "Um-mah! You're trying to get me to go to a random ip address, hacker!" n00bs