PDA

View Full Version : How can one completly remove the Internet Explorer's ADD-ONS?

cyanide
03-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi there,

I have tryed to find a way to COMPLETLY DELETE not only disable the add-ons IE is pilling up while you surf sites.

For example, these are the only ways I know to remove them so far:

Remove Toolbar Buddy - Just google it and you'll find it.

The problem with Remove Toolbar Buddy is that it doesn't remove EVERYTHING!:mad:

The second option is by going to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and on the Browsing section just uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extension".

This doesn't help either :mad: .

If you install an active x control on your pc, some websites ask you to, even legal ones, you are fu**ed. Not only does it know your real ip if you're using a vpn or a ssh tunnel to hide it, it can also ***** your habbits and if you're up to no good...doing nasty stuff, you'll probably ask yourself why are the cops at your door... So that's my question folks..HOW CAN WE UNINSTALL THESE ADD-ONS??

Let say you make another XP user and you log to that user, the add-ons are still there, so, that means you have to format your pc and re-install windows to start ***** again.

Another question is, if I disable the ADD-ONS, are they completely DISABLED or NOT ?

Here's another one, if I find the file in question that is used on IE's add-ons, and I delete it, its still there!!!!!:mad:

If any of u ppl know how to remove the add-ons reply.

Thanks,
Cyanide.

x0rex
03-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Go find "Hijack this" and run it on your computer.
Let it create a log file.
Copy and paste the logfile to http://www.hijackthis.de/ and follow their directons.
It will lead you to deleting add-on's, BHO's and several other things that can cause problems.

N/A
03-03-2006, 10:20 AM
dont u use a pop up blocker to block all the adds?..............................