PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in determaining IP...

fun
04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
sorrie if this ?'s has been answer elsewhere therefore i can not find it.

my questions is that... how do i go about finding out the IP address of a person that i've chatted with on a "message forum"

Welp i just wanted to know how to find their IP address-like how in this forum where we just keep on posting up our replys-is there a way to find out that person who just submit a reply's ip address?

like you know in message forum pepos uses different user name but its actually the same person? how do i find out if they are the same person or if they are using the same ip address but it might have been their brother or sisters who uses that ip address as well.???

any help please.
thanks in advanced.

Ezekiel
04-21-2006, 11:07 AM
sorrie if this ?'s has been answer elsewhere therefore i can not find it.

my questions is that... how do i go about finding out the IP address of a person that i've chatted with on a "message forum"

Welp i just wanted to know how to find their IP address-like how in this forum where we just keep on posting up our replys-is there a way to find out that person who just submit a reply's ip address?

like you know in message forum pepos uses different user name but its actually the same person? how do i find out if they are the same person or if they are using the same ip address but it might have been their brother or sisters who uses that ip address as well.???

any help please.
thanks in advanced.

Unless you are the admin of the forum, NO. Forums that are run on phpbb, vbulletin, etc, do not give away IP addresses to anyone who wants them, only the admin. There are many ways of getting IP numbers, but not directly from the forum. These could be: IP logging script, view active connections with windows command netstat -n (when directly connected), IP mailing script, etc. What exactly do you think you can do with an IP, most people use a router which leaves no room for exploitation. Most script kiddies like you will usually just want the IP to say to them "I got you IP, now I am going to HACK you!!".

fun
04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
oh i see. haha...but thanks. for letting me know.

no i'm not like that-i just wanna know like is it the same person or what from the same ip adress always.

i got the site thingie to make pepos clicke on it to view it and then a email sent to me that this ip address has looked at that site...

like what are ways to trick them into clicling on that site.???

any good ideas?