PDA

View Full Version : Getting hash..?

mooman13591
07-20-2006, 01:40 PM
How do you get the md5 hash from a forum?

Ezekiel
07-20-2006, 04:55 PM
How do you get the md5 hash from a forum?

Is it your forum, and you have the necessary admin access to download the database?

mooman13591
07-21-2006, 11:54 AM
It is my forum, it's IPB and someone took my account because they got the md5 hash and cracked it. I want my forum back, so I need to get the hash.

Ezekiel
07-21-2006, 06:05 PM
It is my forum, it's IPB and someone took my account because they got the md5 hash and cracked it. I want my forum back, so I need to get the hash.

Scenario * - It's your forum (not a crappy invisionfree forum), you don't have direct access to the server it's hosted on, but you have admin access to the forum, and you still have control over your admin account:

Answer: You can log in to the admin access on the forum, download the database using admin control panel, then proceed to crack the hashes (takes hours).

Scenario 2 - It's your forum, you *do* have direct access to the server, but you don't have admin access to the forum (you lost your account).

Answer: Download the database (since you have direct access to the server), then crack the hash.

Scenario * - It's your forum, but you don't have admin access on the forum, and you don't have access to the server.

Answer: Forget about getting your password back.

Scenario 4 - This 'forum' you speak of is an invisionfree forum or similar.

Answer: You are just wasting my time.

mooman13591
07-21-2006, 06:38 PM
It's Scenario *!
Well, ty anyway