PDA

View Full Version : Smtp?

RisenHero
08-05-2006, 07:09 PM
i got Net Tools 4 and i was wondering how to use the "Mass Mailer" Function...
What I Dont understand is that it asks you for smtp email server and i have no idea what that is...

Now before you go all "Pro" on me consider this...
Ive seen how you guys trear others here so plz...
Yes i do know how to use google ( thats how i found this site)
Yes i do know how to use search function (found nothing)
And plz if you dont know dont call me a noob, looser,... cus its anoying

I just want some answers please

RisenHero
08-06-2006, 02:17 AM
Anyone? No one wants to Help?

Ezekiel
08-06-2006, 04:55 AM
i got Net Tools 4 and i was wondering how to use the "Mass Mailer" Function...
What I Dont understand is that it asks you for smtp email server and i have no idea what that is...

Now before you go all "Pro" on me consider this...
Ive seen how you guys trear others here so plz...
Yes i do know how to use google ( thats how i found this site)
Yes i do know how to use search function (found nothing)
And plz if you dont know dont call me a noob, looser,... cus its anoying

I just want some answers please

Well you can complain at us all you like, but the fact remains that you clearly did NOT use google. Here is an explanation of smtp:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Mail_Transfer_Protocol

You are not paying any of us, and if you think we're going to sit here all day explaining something as widely documented as smtp; think again. Forums are not like some free research service.

Smtp servers are what you send emails to, then they either store it in their own 'mailbox', or relay it off to the appropriate smtp server. You need a smtp server to send emails.

For your program, you probably need open relay smtp servers, which are not very common. You could run a smtp server locally, or just directly send to hotmail/gmail/whatever's smtp servers. Here's the windows & *nix command to look up smtp servers of a specified domain:

nslookup -querytype=mx emailservice.com

But I assume you are using this for spamming, therefore my explanation stops here. Spam is enough of a problem already, without it being within the reach of computer illiterate people.

Anyone? No one wants to Help?

Jeez, at least wait a day before bumping your own thread. This forum isn't active enough to get a reply that quickly.

RisenHero
08-06-2006, 03:42 PM
ya but you see it has a little box that i am sposed to fill in with "smtp server"

All im askin is if you could tell me what to put in there...

Halla
08-06-2006, 11:52 PM
you put the smtp server you want to use in, whatever it may be...
ex. smtp.google.com
and the probably the port, which is usually 25 but googles for example is 587

RisenHero
08-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Look here is a screen Shot of the application

http://img4**.imageshack.us/img4**/*2**/2fj*.png

all i have to fill in for the smtp server is the google thing then?

also can i put any email adress or does it have to be from the smtp.google.com server (if there is one)

RisenHero
08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
but what do i type in that box? (the smtp box)

and do our emails have to be from that server or can be like from yahoo or something?

Ezekiel
08-09-2006, 04:42 AM
but what do i type in that box? (the smtp box)

and do our emails have to be from that server or can be like from yahoo or something?

YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO A GOD DAMN WORD WE'RE SAYING ARE YOU? People have explained what smtp is AND what to 'put in the box' multiple times on this thread, but you keep asking the same idiotic question because you're too lazy to GET OFF YOUR ASS and think for yourself.

I s***est this thread be closed.

Explanation*:

you put the smtp server you want to use in, whatever it may be...
ex. smtp.google.com
and the probably the port, which is usually 25 but googles for example is 587

Explanation 2

I guess do the following:

Download QK SMTP Server. Free *0 days, and after that, you can just drag the "Your trial period has expired" window until it's totally out of view. You have just fucked over QK's "security". Then put in your own IP Address for SMTP Server while QK is running. See if that works.

Explanation *:

You could run a smtp server locally, or just directly send to hotmail/gmail/whatever's smtp servers. Here's the windows & *nix command to look up smtp servers of a specified domain:

Code:

nslookup -querytype=mx emailservice.com