PDA

View Full Version : Windows PowerShell

SyntaXmasteR
09-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Windows PowerShell is a new command line shell and task-based scripting technology that provides comprehensive control and automation of system administration tasks. Windows PowerShell allows Windows administrators to be more productive by providing over *00 system administration utilities, consistent syntax, and improved navigation of common management data such as the registry or Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). Windows PowerShell also includes a scripting language which enables comprehensive automation of Windows system administration tasks. The Windows PowerShell language is intuitive and supports your organization’s existing scripts and command line tool investments. Exchange Server 2007 and System Center Operations Manager 2007 will leverage Windows PowerShell to provide improved command line automation.

Download and install .NET Framework 2.0:
.NET Framework 2.0 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/default.aspx)

Now you can install the powershell:
Windows PowerShell (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver200*/technologies/management/powershell/default.mspx)

Moonbat
09-22-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure if I completely understand this, but is it a more advanced and easier way for admins to do admin-like things instead of DOS?

SyntaXmasteR
09-22-2006, 06:03 PM
It's 500 times more powerful, not to mention the user friendlyness! The command structure is simple: VERB-NOUN (ex: GET-ITEM) You can pipe multiple commands which act like a MYSQL query. This is the command I typed to print out this list:
Get-Command | Select-Object -property Name >> "c:\powershell_commands.txt"

Here is the list of commands:

Name
----
Add-Content
Add-History
Add-Member
Add-PSSnapin
Clear-Content
Clear-Item
Clear-ItemProperty
Clear-Variable
Compare-Object
ConvertFrom-SecureString
Convert-Path
ConvertTo-Html
ConvertTo-SecureString
Copy-Item
Copy-ItemProperty
Export-Alias
Export-Clixml
Export-Console
Export-Csv
ForEach-Object
Format-Custom
Format-List
Format-Table
Format-Wide
Get-Acl
Get-Alias
Get-AuthenticodeSignature
Get-ChildItem
Get-Command
Get-Content
Get-Credential
Get-Culture
Get-Date
Get-EventLog
Get-ExecutionPolicy
Get-Help
Get-History
Get-Host
Get-Item
Get-ItemProperty
Get-Location
Get-Member
Get-PfxCertificate
Get-Process
Get-PSDrive
Get-PSProvider
Get-PSSnapin
Get-Service
Get-TraceSource
Get-UICulture
Get-Unique
Get-Variable
Get-WmiObject
Group-Object
Import-Alias
Import-Clixml
Import-Csv
Invoke-Expression
Invoke-History
Invoke-Item
Join-Path
Measure-Command
Measure-Object
Move-Item
Move-ItemProperty
New-Alias
New-Item
New-ItemProperty
New-Object
New-PSDrive
New-Service
New-TimeSpan
New-Variable
Out-Default
Out-File
Out-Host
Out-Null
Out-Printer
Out-String
Pop-Location
Push-Location
Read-Host
Remove-Item
Remove-ItemProperty
Remove-PSDrive
Remove-PSSnapin
Remove-Variable
Rename-Item
Rename-ItemProperty
Resolve-Path
Restart-Service
Resume-Service

Ezekiel
09-23-2006, 04:25 AM
When I download...

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Anyone else having this problem?

Newby_Programme
09-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Yes i have the exact same problem as mike*0*. And i dont know the problem so dam

Moonbat
09-23-2006, 12:01 PM
its working just fine for IE...:D

Ezekiel
09-23-2006, 12:49 PM
its working just fine for IE...:D

Yeah, but IE sucks. The only reason it WOULD only work in IE is if they made the site using some obscure non-standards-compliant feature of IE. Being microsoft.com, that probably is the case.

But even after trying to download using Internet Explorer, I now get this:

The Microsoft Passport Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

This site may be experiencing a problem.
The site may not be a member of the Passport Network.

This is the kind of crap I have come to expect from microsoft products and services. At least 8 hours and they still haven't fixed a problem preventing millions of people from downloading. Am I going to have to resort to bittorrent to get this? Ah forget it.

Newby_Programme
09-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Yes microsoft is a terrible company. See on the xbox right ghost recon advance warfighter as very very lame game quality. I played it online and i went to there website to complain i was not the only one everyone on that site had abusinf threads to microsoft. Wanting better game play cause it was so bad. A guy sent an email and wanting a new patch for the game to make it better in online play. The reply he got said "Sorry but the Xbox cant not generat enough power to get better game play. We surgest you go out and by the new Xbox *60 and then re-buy the game for Xbox *60"

So really that just tells me all microsoft wants is ***** ive never trusted microsoft or there products cause really they suck lol. And what mike*0* saying that they have not fixed there problem well that just shows they really dont care on doing it any time soon.

Lame as Mircosoft :rolleyes:

toast
09-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Microsoft isnt lame, dear.
Its only as lame as the user makes it out to be.
Yes, it has its kinks. But a little above average user could tweak it enough to make it pretty.

Toast

Newby_Programme
09-24-2006, 02:28 AM
Yes microsoft is lame THEY ARE ***** THIEFS all they want is ***** ***** and more *****. Come on the new xbox *60 is *00$ in AUD like wtf thats pricey as. The psp was only 400$ AUD thast 500$ more like jeesus they are thiefs.

THIEFS

Ezekiel
09-24-2006, 04:44 AM
Well, it seems they have fixed the problem now and I can download. Took long enough.

Yes microsoft is a terrible company. See on the xbox right ghost recon advance warfighter as very very lame game quality. I played it online and i went to there website to complain i was not the only one everyone on that site had abusinf threads to microsoft. Wanting better game play cause it was so bad. A guy sent an email and wanting a new patch for the game to make it better in online play. The reply he got said "Sorry but the Xbox cant not generat enough power to get better game play. We surgest you go out and by the new Xbox *60 and then re-buy the game for Xbox *60"

So really that just tells me all microsoft wants is ***** ive never trusted microsoft or there products cause really they suck lol. And what mike*0* saying that they have not fixed there problem well that just shows they really dont care on doing it any time soon.

Lame as Mircosoft :rolleyes:

That game was published by Ubisoft and developed by Ubisoft Paris/Red Storm (according to Wikipedia). The quality of gameplay, the service, and everything else has nothing to do with Microsoft. All they do is provide the hardware, and if you find it surprising that an outdated machine like the Xbox can't give you amazing graphics; buy something newer.