PDA

View Full Version : changing/blocking email ip address

sep
12-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi

I want to send an email to someone but dont want them to know where I'm sending the email from. Is there a way to reroute the ip address that I send the email from, or a way to block this kinda detail?

~~smart~fool~~
12-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi

I want to send an email to someone but dont want them to know where I'm sending the email from. Is there a way to reroute the ip address that I send the email from, or a way to block this kinda detail?

use the anonymous remailer

Ezekiel
12-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Or use a proxy. It depends on whether you want to send from your real email address.

sep
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Ok how do i do each of those things?

~~smart~fool~~
12-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Remailer is in the privacy tools section of this site. Proxys can be used with webmail and such, also in the tools section. http://all-nettools.com/toolbox

sep
12-17-2006, 10:03 PM
K, the Remailer is not working (when I hit submit, it just gives me an error page after half a minute). Second, I want the recipient to see MY NAME and MY E-MAIL address (a university email address) WITHOUT being able to tell where I sent the mail from. So I want the mail to include all the information except my location. I don't want it to be anonymous.

Ezekiel
12-18-2006, 11:27 AM
K, the Remailer is not working (when I hit submit, it just gives me an error page after half a minute). Second, I want the recipient to see MY NAME and MY E-MAIL address (a university email address) WITHOUT being able to tell where I sent the mail from. So I want the mail to include all the information except my location. I don't want it to be anonymous.

Use a proxy then. Read other threads in this forum for more information, or simply look on Wikipedia.