PDA

View Full Version : Error code 80040*f* msn

Trait
03-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Can someone please help me when ever i want to sign into Msn Live messenger it says Error code 80040*f* service is temporly unavailble, its been saying that for like * weeks now, i have reinstalled it but it still says that can someone help me plz.

Ezekiel
03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Can someone please help me when ever i want to sign into Msn Live messenger it says Error code 80040*f* service is temporly unavailble, its been saying that for like * weeks now, i have reinstalled it but it still says that can someone help me plz.

Try asking MSN support:

http://support.msn.com/

Fallen_Angel
03-20-2007, 05:52 AM
I've been having a problem also...it disconnects me randomly.

TOPKILLER
09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I Have Had This Same Problem A Couple Of Times
And I Have Found Out That If You Go And Reset Your Password
It Will Take Care Of This Problem.and To Do This It Will Require You To Either Have Setup An Alturnet Email Or For You To Remeber Your Orignal Info.:)

gordo
09-11-2007, 05:12 PM
googled for this.... If you are running Windows XP try the following steps;

Go to a DOS prompt and type in the following OR go to Start -> Run and then copy and paste each line below hitting <enter> after each one.

regsvr*2 Dssenh.dll /s
regsvr*2 Gpkcsp.dll /s
regsvr*2 Slbcsp.dll /s
regsvr*2 Sccbase.dll /s
regsvr*2 Softpub.dll /s
regsvr*2 Wintrust.dll /s
regsvr*2 Initpki.dll /s
regsvr*2 Rsaenh.dll /s
regsvr*2 Mssip*2.dll /s
regsvr*2 Cryptdlg.dll /s
regsvr*2 Msxml*.dll /s

Ezekiel
09-12-2007, 03:16 AM
This thread was created last Winter, but whatever. Both your solutions deserve to stay here to solve any future questions about the same error.

Remember that people usually aren't going to be around seven months later; still looking for an answer to their problem.

gordo
09-12-2007, 06:36 AM
oops! I didn't read the dates, just replied to new post.