PDA

View Full Version : tracing email

ally
04-16-2007, 06:58 PM
someone (x boyfriend) recently sent me an email from his yahoo acct he was tracing with a device i think was called onyx. i opened it in my gmail acct, but didn't download the attachment he sent. i deleted the emails almost immediately and emptied the trash. i surf using linksys and have no actual account with something like time warner. so, what will he find out about me?

gordo
04-20-2007, 04:54 PM
He probably won't find out much. He may get your IP address, but as long as you have a good firewall and virus scanner, you are safe.

crashoverride
04-20-2007, 07:00 PM
someone (x boyfriend) recently sent me an email from his yahoo acct he was tracing with a device i think was called onyx. i opened it in my gmail acct, but didn't download the attachment he sent. i deleted the emails almost immediately and emptied the trash. i surf using linksys and have no actual account with something like time warner. so, what will he find out about me?

If you didnt download the attachment your probally ok just make sure your firewall is on on your router and your computer... and scan for virous's if you dont come up with anything you should be fine

nozf3r4tu
04-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Ally,as long as you did "not" dowload anything you're ok. And since you're using la router,the only way he could get anything from your pc would be by using a trojan(wich i doubt). Keep your firewall on and keep your antivirus updated at all times. Now if you want to do something about it let me know on a private message (top right) on your screen..lol.

Funny how people ask a question,check the replies the next day,don't like what they see and never come back to the forum.
"People,everything is possible,but it takes time" and practice

2 cents dropped

ally
04-21-2007, 02:04 PM
ok. thanks. i didn't think it would do much. what an idiot he is to do something like that. for what purpose? moron.